Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Chapter 11

Chapter 11 was interesting.  Last night in Foundations I was able to tell another pre-service teacher about different audiovisual sites to use.  She was wondering where to find information that would reach different types of learners and be interesting.  I hope Mr. Chamberlain is going to teach this class again because she wants to take it from him.  Voki was my favorite site (besides Jib Jab)!  It was funny to hear Katy's voice speaking with an accent and coming from a hotdog!  However, I do see that it could be used for educational purposes too!  It might be more exciting to learn from a gingerbread man at Christmas or a turkey at Thanksgiving.  I think when kids are getting restless before a holiday break it might be a good tool to use.  Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the compliment and it is great you get to share what you are learning with others. Hopefully I will be teaching this class again in the fall, but I don't know. Adjuncts are hired on a "need" basis and I don't know if I will be needed.

    ReplyDelete