Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Chapter 2 Reflections

I enjoyed the second week of class.  I was thrilled to learn about "control/z."  I can use this now in my job and when writing papers for school.  I came home and told my husband about it.  I then ran upstairs to try it out on my computer.  As you probably know, it worked!  I also found the theory of multiple intelligences quite interesting.  I think it will be something I will remember when I become a teacher.  It will be great to see the potential in every student and not just judge them by "reading, writing and arithmetic."  I will (hopefully) be able to recognize the talents my students have and encourage them to excel in what they are naturally good at.  I hope that by doing that, it will encourage them to feel confident enough to try to succeed in all areas of their educational experience. 

1 comment:

  1. The real trick of teaching is getting the students the content they are required to learn without reverting back to the old read the book do the worksheets take the test mentality. Not only will students learn the material better if it is presented in an interesting and relevant way, you will have fewer problems with them completing work or having discipline problems.

    Control-Z is the bomb!

    ReplyDelete