Sunday, September 12, 2010

Chapter 3 Reflections

I especially like the Dynamic Instructional Design Model in chapter 3.  It is flexible and seems to include all the steps to make learning successful.  It started with "Know the Learners" which I think is one of the most important steps.  A teacher will need to be able to use available tools to effectively reach each student.  That is one reason that media is important in the classroom.  A video or an article on the internet can help teach or reinforce a lesson.  It is also important to get feedback to make sure the students are learning the information presented.  If they aren't learning, the lesson plan and presentation can be altered or replaced.  I also enjoyed week 3 because Mr. Chamberlain told us about Live Binder.  I looked at it and was very impressed with the binders that are there.  There are many specifically designed by teachers to help pre-service teachers.  They ranged from lesson plans to room decorating.  I loved it!  There is so much helpful infomation on the internet for student teachers.  I have found lesson plans, themes, resources, poems, experiments, songs and more.  It is very exciting that teachers are willing to share what works for them and encourage others to try their ideas.  It is not usually like that is the business world!  I also tried to use vocaroo but found that my computer doesn't have a built in microphone either!  Maybe we can figure out a way to do it in class or maybe there is a way I can do it on Katy's phone or laptop.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tips on Livebinder. I haven't used it myself (it is easy to get over-extended using digital tools) but it definitely sounds like a great resource. Would you like to show the class some of the binders you have found?

    ReplyDelete