Saturday, September 25, 2010

ROM RAM and CD-W

It was kind of interesting to learn what ROM RAM, CD-W, DVD, CPU etc stood for.  Sometimes I hear the words and may even know what they mean but not the full definition.  I want to be able to tell my students what they mean if they are curious.  I am enjoying the class---still have a long way to go on the not being judgemental, keeping my opinions to myself thing but I will get there.  I liked the video.  It was amazing to see what the kids learned when they were left to their own devices.  If I saw something I had never seen I would be scared to try anything with it probably.  I think that is why kids are better able to be creative and inventive.  Not only are they more willing to try something new, they have not yet learned to be afraid of failure.  We can learn a lot from kids if we catch them before they learn what they are "supposed" to think, do and fear.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think we ever get less judgmental, we just change what we choose to be judgmental about:) I think socially aware teachers are necessary for the good of our community. Don't forget, the most well educated large group in McDonald County are the teachers. There are not a lot of other professionals living or working here so we bear a lot of responsibility.

    ReplyDelete