Sunday, September 26, 2010

cooltoolsforschools=FUN

There were many interesting tools that I saw and I haven't looked at nearly all of them yet.  One I think would be great for a class writing assignment in Elementary School is called "Writing Fun".  The link re-directed  me to http://www.writingfun.com/writingfun2010.html.  It also has a tutorial with it.  The site explains different types of text such as narrative, explanation and persuasive.  When you click on a text type the site shows you what you need and leaves boxes to write in.  On a persuasive paper it shows "position" and then explains that this is what the paper is about and what you think about the topic.  The next box shows "arguments" or why people should be persuaded by your position.  The last box is for "summary" to strongly repeat your points or arguments.  I think this would be a great way for students to learn how to write different types of papers w/ fun guidance.  The site is extremely colorful and very engaging.  It also helps children learn how to write everyday texts like letters and e-mails.

1 comment:

  1. That is a great find, I will be sharing it with the teachers here at Noel!

    ReplyDelete