Friday, October 8, 2010

To Be or Not to Be

I have learned several things in this class.  From following Ira on twitter I have learned that my political instincts are still incredibly keen.  However, from our skype chat with Ira I learned that I shouldn't judge people on that alone.  From Mr. Chamberlain, Ira, Dave Eggers and all the other Ted talks I have learned that one of the main things necessary to be a good teacher is passion.  They have a passion for their subjects, a passion for education and a passion for children's rights.  Therein lies the problem.  I have a passion for language, reading, and a lot of times even writing.  I have a passion for my education. I have a passion for being the student.   I am not sure I have a passion for being the teacher.  It is hard to be 43 years old and STILL not know what I want to be when I grow up.  SIGH......

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting reflection. Sometimes you have to have an experience before you will know if it works for you. The problem is with a profession you have to spend a lot of time just qualifying and then if you find out it isn't right...

    How can we solve this problem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure but had I known I would learn so much about myself in technology class I wouldn't have paid for all that therapy! ;)

    ReplyDelete